Landmark Renovation

The original structure was built in 1927 as Dallas’ first school for Hispanic children. In addition to the original structure, Harwood International has preserved the mural of “Our Lady of Guadalupe” which serves as the focal point in the gardens. The first level of the two-story red brick building is Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar and the second level houses The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum: The Samurai Collection.

 

 
The original Virgin De Guadalupe monument  preserved in development of Saint Ann Restaurant. 

The original Virgin De Guadalupe monument  preserved in development of Saint Ann Restaurant. 

6th Grade Class of Saint Ann in the 1940s.

6th Grade Class of Saint Ann in the 1940s.

St. Ann's Alumni & Friends of Little Mexico Dedication Ceremony

St. Ann's Alumni & Friends of Little Mexico Dedication Ceremony

One of many graduating classes. 

One of many graduating classes. 

Saint Ann School in the 1940s. 

The northwest facade of Saint Ann School in the 1940s. 


St. Anne’s was an alternative to public education and tuition was kept low for the working-class neighborhood. Though most girls were kept out of school according to Mexican traditions and culture, St. Anne’s opened a commercial school for girls in 1946.
— http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Mexico